Leader badge

PDFwriter is a printer driver for Mac Os X, which will let you generate PDF files by simply press.

PDFwriter is heavily based on CUPS-PDF. It doesn't use ghostscript to generate PDF files, instead information technology uses the Mac Os X internal pdf capabilities.

Other Useful Business Software

Digital Commerce Solutions with MarketStudio Icon

MarketStudio is a spider web-based offering for small & medium and large product enterprises, which customers can employ to scan, manage, and publish rich content to Print, Spider web, and Dealer portals from anywhere/anytime.

User Ratings

★★★★★

★★★★

★★★

★★

ease i of five 2 of 5 3 of five 4 of v 5 of five 3 / 5

features i of v 2 of five iii of five 4 of five 5 of five 3 / 5

pattern 1 of 5 2 of v 3 of 5 four of 5 5 of v 3 / 5

support 1 of 5 ii of five three of v 4 of 5 5 of 5 2 / 5

User Reviews

  • This has not been updated since 2011 and does not seem to show upwardly properly on recent versions of macOS. I know there is a workaround, but this should not be necessary. Therefore I tried the fork from rodyager on Github which is based on this project. It installs properly on macOS Catalina. Thus I would recommend using RWTS-PDFwriter which automatically adds the printer without requiring user configuration. Google: github rodyager RWTS-PDFwriter

  • I used MikePro2 's advice and it worked. I have a workaround for PDFwriter printing to folder you lot don't like. I use the Hazel app. It is quite easy to accept Hazel monitor the binder, move all new files to a binder of your choosing and rename them according to your method and you lot don't have to exercise annihilation once information technology is set. You lot can even have information technology tagged and yous tin can monitor according to contents, my water bill gets tagged due and gets filed in the water nib folder. I actually take adobe acrobat, but I use PDFwriter for persnickety files that won't print the way I want.

  • I replace my user folder in /private/var/spool/pdfwriter (this is where the binder in /Users/Shared points) with a symbolic link to my Desktop folder so that jobs are printed directly to my desktop instead found in the Shared folder. This broke subsequently upgrading to El Capitan with a sandboxd error that prevented the impress driver from accessing my Desktop Folder. The solution is to add "Sandboxing Relaxed" to /etc/cups/cups-files.conf as detailed at tempel'due south blog entry "making-cups-printer-drivers-piece of work-again.html" (URLs prohibited).

  • Found out I tin't select the folder to create the PDF, then I followed the problems for the PPD file, then I did a print sample: 5 pages out of 29 in a 5.1MB file... created a 126MB file. This has been uninstalled.

  • Once you find your pdfs below /Users/Shared/PDFwriter yous recognize that all files have a length of goose egg bytes. Then you dig through reviews to accidently find the information on how to specify the provided PPD file in club to brand the software fly. Finally working, just horrible UX. (Tested on El Capitan.)

Read more reviews >

Additional Projection Details

Registered

2010-09-29